i have a list of excerpts from songs i love, the first being from an eric clapton song i've had stuck in my head today. perhaps you know which songs these excerpts are from? here they be:
- if i could change the world, i would be the sunlight in your universe.
- can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken, your best friend always sticking up for you -- even when you know you're wrong? can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried, romance, five-hour phone conversations...
- lose the earthquakes, keep the faults. fill the oceans, without the salt. let every man own his own hand. can you dig it, baby? what kind of world do you want? think...anything. let's start at the start, build a masterpiece. be careful what you wish for.
- let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words.
- there's only now. there's only here. give in to love, or live in fear. no other path, no other way. no day but today.
- there's more to love than only bitterness and lies.
- i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
- i cannot grow old in salem's lot.
- we're all stars now, in the dope show.
- what if this whole crusade's a charade, and behind it all there's a price to be paid for the blood which we dine, justified in the name of the holy and the divine?
- this is me, pretending this is all i need.
- you sit there, in your heartache, waiting on some beautiful boy to save you from your old ways. you play forgiveness. watch it now: here he comes. he doesn't look a thing like jesus, but he talks like a gentleman...like you imagined, when you were young.
- relax, said the nightman. we are programmed to receive. you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
- (this is my favorite love song.) the very thought of you, and i forget to do the little ordinary things everyone ought to do. i'm living in a kind of daydream. i'm happy as a queen. and, foolish though it may seem, to me it's everything. the mere idea of you. the longing here for you. you never know how slow the moments go, oh, until i'm near to you. i see your face in every flower, your eyes in the stars above. it's just the thought of you, the very thought of you, my love.
yes. that is all, for the time-being.
bye for now.