01 June 2012

lovin', touchin', squeezin'.

i make playlists when i get...angry, sad, happy, anxious. and other, more complicated emotions and combinations thereof. this is my current playlist:

  1. hiding my heart -- brandi carlile (i wish i could lay down beside you when the day is done, and wake up to your face against the morning sun.)
  2. i want to hold your hand -- t.v. carpio, cover of the beatles (yeah, you got that something, i think you'll understand.)
  3. can't take my eyes off of you -- lauryn hill (the sight of you makes me weak. there are no words left to speak.)
  4. things i'll never say -- avril lavigne (i wanna blow you away. be with you every night.)
  5. all i want -- jay brannan, cover of joni mitchell (do you wanna dance with me, baby? wanna take a chance of maybe finding some sweet romance with me baby?)
  6. change the world -- eric clapton (you would think my love was really something good, baby, if i could change the world.)
  7. tell me -- boston (i don't really know what to say. i don't know how, but i could learn to pray if praying makes you hear me.) 
  8. somebody to love -- queen (can anybody find me somebody to love?)
  9. my heart with you -- the rescues (you're etched upon my mind.)
  10. this bouquet -- ani difranco (we both have gardens of songs, and maybe it's okay that i'm speechless because i picked you this bouquet.)
this is my unrequited love playlist. yes, yes i know that it is slightly pathetic. by slightly, i mean undoubtedly. it isn't directed at any particular individual. just the world, in general. but. these are currently the songs that...speak to me? describe me? the girl who can't get up the courage to say something to...anyone. who admires from afar and hopes and dreams but never does anything about it. and then does a little fantasizing. and it's great. and then is reminded of the fact that she's alone. and then goes back to admiring silently. such is my life.

but, it's okay. it isn't a terrible life. i am capable of loving another human being. it could be worse. :)

bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment